- Mini Bell (Green/Red/Orange/Yellow) Peppers - 5
- Paprika powder - 2 tbsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Crushed Peanut Powder - 2 tsp
- Besan Flour / Chick Peas Flour / Kadalai maavu - 1 cup
- Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To Taste
- Oil - 1/4 lbs.
- The smartest way to make this Bajji is to buy the right kind of peppers. If you buy an Anaheim Chilli or a Jalapeno, you can reserve the loo for the next morning and take the day off from work, because you ain't coming out of that haven. Try to select mini bell peppers or pepper specifically for the the Bajji. You can check this in your Produce department and they should be able to help you with the Pepper's spiciness level.
- You have to make a batter with Besan Flour, Chilli Powder & Salt. Make it a little viscous.
- Make a paste/mixture with the rest of the powders (Paprika, Cumin, Turmeric, Corriander & Crushed Peanut Powder) & oil
- Now, cut the peppers length wise and stuff the above mixture onto the peppers
- Dip the above stuffed peppers onto the batter and deep fry them
- This would be a wonderful afternoon snack especially when its cold outside. Ofcourse, its not a healthy snack, otherwise it wouldn't taste this good.